DemeTech's Polypropylene suture is a non-absorbable, sterile surgical suture composed of a synthetic linear polyolefin. DemeTech's Polypropylene is blue to enhance visibility in the body. DemeTech's Polypropylene suture elicits a minimal acute inflammatory reaction in the tissue, followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous tissue. Unlike absorbable, and some non absorbable sutures, DemeTech's Polypropylene is not affected or weakened by tissue enzymes.Due to its monofilament composure, Polypropylene suture resists involvement in infection. Moreover, Polypropylene has been successfully implemented in contaminated and previously infected wounds.
Characteristics of DemeTech's Polypropylene Sutures:
• Extremely high tensile strength
• Very flexible
• Due to its synthetic and monofilament characteristic, DemeTech's Polypropylene elicits only minimal tissue reactivity.
• DemeTech's Polypropylene is highly ductile. It extends 30% prior to rupture of the thread, allowing for the post-operative swelling of tissue and avoiding possible strangulation of tissue.
• Allows for secured knot tying.
• Extremely smooth textile, resulting in minimal tissue trauma.
Suture Material: Polypropylene Suture
Needle Point: Reverse Cut
Needle Curvature: 3/8"
Needle Length: 19mm
Gauge: USP 5-0, Code FS-2
Thread Length: 45cm/18"
Qty: 1 dozen - 12 sutures
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD.